Thursday, July 22, 2010

Back to California


Freshman year is finally coming to an end. The past couple weeks have been full of studying, packing, and taking finals. It is crazy to think that almost a whole year has passed since I first arrived on campus back in August. My finals went pretty well for me. I had a pretty big paper for my Mediated Communications class that took a lot of time, but once it was finished, I was pretty happy with it. Other than that, I had finals in German, Philosophy, Religion, and Psychology. German was definitely the hardest, but I still think I did okay (at least, I hope I did!). Studying obviously takes up A LOT of time. My friend Tara and I pretty much lived in the atrium in the science center the last couple weeks. We love studying in there because we can talk to each other, unlike the library, and the Dunkin Donuts is right there. Caffeine is a must for finals week! But, if finals aren't stressful enough, we also had to pack up our entire lives and ship them back home! Packing was definitely an experience. I had to pack up some clothes and stuff early and send it home in a package back to California so that I wouldn't have as much to take with me on the plane. However, I am not the best at parting with my things. I wanted to keep everything with me. But, my roommate Lauren helped me out a lot, convincing me I didn't need to keep every single cardigan I own with me for the last week of school. Because we did it together, packing actually ended up being fun and somewhat of a stress reliever from finals.

My flight back home is tomorrow. I seriously cannot believe this day is here. Going home is very bittersweet. I, of course, want to see all my friends and family back at home. And I've got to admit, I am happy to be escaping this humidity. However, I am going to miss Stonehill so much. Freshman year here was definitely the best year of my life! My friends here are not just friends, they are my family. Living 3000 miles away from them for the next 4 months is going to be really hard. But, I have my great memories that I can look back on all summer. Freshman year will definitely be one to remember, but I also cannot wait to start off Sophomore year and make many, new and wonderful memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment