Thursday, July 22, 2010

Summertime!


Summer back in California has been crazy busy! I am working A LOT! My family owns a golf course, and I have been working there since I was 13. For the last few summers, I have been on the maintenance crew. I mow the fairways every day. My work day starts at 5:30 in the morning and finishes at 3 in the afternoon. It is extremely exhausting working those hours 5 days a week, but I really like it too! I have known all the people at the course for so long, it is kind of like my second home. But that rigorous work schedule doesn't leave much time for other fun. A lot of days, all I want to do is come home and sleep. But, I have still been able to enjoy myself some too! It has been really nice getting back to seeing all of my old friends again! Reuniting and catching up is so much fun! It is great to hear how well everyone has been doing.

This past week was my 19th birthday. I had to work, so I didn't do anything big. I went to the beach for a little bit after work, and then went out to dinner with my family. Then we came home, opened gifts, and ate my favorite mint chocolate chip ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins and watched the Lakers win. It was very simple, but I liked it! I also got a couple packages from friends from back at school, so that was really exciting! I never get anything in the mail, so it was pretty exciting!


No comments:

Post a Comment